Friday, September 16, 2005

Sandi: "I know I"m being a proud mom, but..."


PJ got his JROTC uniform today, and I couldn't resist showing off how handsome my son looks. It wasn't that long ago that he was just a scrawny little kid -- now he's taller than I am!

PJ is a freshman this year, and is attending a magnet program for the Air Force JROTC program. (In Florida, many public schools offer special programs, called magnets. You can choose to attend a school in a different town for the magnet program you're interested in, instead of going to the school that you live near.) With this program, he has a chance of getting his pilots license his Junior/Senior year. He's very excited about the program, and has already earned a couple of ribbons.

Becky, by the way, is also doing well in school. She's in a magnet program for pre-IB, which is a very demanding honors program. It's not easy, but she's determined to do well. More importantly, she's joined the school band and is learning to play the saxophone. I've been teasing her that she's the next Lisa Simpson!

No updates on Cari -- except that she loves New York City and is very busy with her classes. Hopefully she'll find time to update this blog herself (hint, hint!) or even better, write her mom so that I can update everyone.

6 comments:

Gail and Herb said...

Sandi, you,ve done a wonderful job raising your family, you deserve to be a proud Mom! Can,t wait to see P J in his uniform. Cari probly has a lot of homework like Mel. The first month is probly the roughest for them. Take care Love A G

Cathy said...

Sandi, what's the sense of having kids if we can't brag about them? For some reason I can't see his picture. :(
Is Becky still better at the sax then you? I hear she's a natural. (proud auntie talking here).
Maybe you should have PJ get in touch with Ray Burns about being a pilot. Ray used to have some great stories about learning to fly the banners over the boardwalk.
Also how are you doing with your new class?
Cathy

Cathy said...

Oh, Sandi!!!! I'm gonna embarrass my nephew...but wow! He looks so handsome in uniform! Even Orlando thinks it looks great on him!

Cathy (extremely proud aunt)

Gail and Herb said...

I couldn,t see the picture either, thought I did something wrong. Glad Cathy said something, he is a very handsome young man. Becky plays the Sax thats great, she got her talent from her Mom and her proud Aunt Cathy. Love A G

April said...

Sandi, My Grandson is pretty special , isn't he? And so good looking too.

Cathy said...

Mom,
Aren't you glad I told you the picture was posted? We better be careful though, between the Proud Mom, Extremely Proud Aunt and the "Modest" Gramma...PJ is gonna realize he is pretty special. Oh, well, Sandi is the one that has to live with him. (Just kidding.)

Cathy