Monday, September 12, 2005

Anyone want to chat?

I've been playing again, and we now have a tagboard on this site. (You'll find it on the right side of the site, under the CONTRIBUTORS listing.) A tagboard is a private chat area, for just people on this site. This will let us "talk" to each other on this site.

It's very simple. You type in your name, then type whatever you want to say for the message. Click "GO." Your message will appear (almost) instantly on the board. If someone else in the family is on the site, they can answer you right away. We can have as many people as we want chatting together on this tagboard.

One thing I've noticed while playing on the tagboard with Cathy, mom (April), and Aunt Kay Monday night -- you need to either send a message to the tagboard or refresh the website in order to see new messages posting. I'll have to do some research to figure out how to get it to refresh itself. As soon as I get it fixed, I'll let you all know. In the meantime, either talk alot or hit the refresh button frequently. Sorry for the inconvenience.


I thought this would be fun. Some of us are already using AIM (I had a great time IM-ing with you the other day, Bobby! ), but others (like my mom!) may find this a little bit easier.

Let me know what you think. If ya'll hate the idea, I can always take it off...

6 comments:

April said...

Hi Sandi You're right I can handle this. It's really neat being able to talk to family while looking. We have to plan a "party" at the Family Gathering!!

Cathy said...

Mom,
You are turning into a "party" animal. Staying up late, IM'ing on the family blog. What will you get into next?

Cathy said...

Hey, Sandi
Cool picture you added to your comment.

Gail and Herb said...

I figured out how to do this finally, but I missed everyone. I will try again. Great idea! Sandi

Gail and Herb said...

April how about having a earlie suprise party for Granny. We still have to pick a date for the reunion then go from there. Whats good for you, end of July or first weekend in Aug.Gail

Charles Danielle & Cassie said...

I cant figure out how to "chat" everytime I try it says
"The chatterbox must be run from a webserver. Not a local hard drive"
I am connected to a server, I dont understand....