Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Estremera's Finally Putting in an Appearance




Nyssa and I figure it's about time to post a picture of us. This was taken on August 19th at the One Night Event Orlando & I chaperoned. The band that was performing (Starfield) is one of Nyssa's favorite bands. We took her to see them in May for her birthday. After the show, when they were doing autographs, the guys sang her "Happy Birthday". This is Tim the lead singer. When we asked for this picture, he recognized Nyssa and which concert she had been at and that they sang for her. Well, she was in 7th heaven and her 10 friends now think she's the coolest person.

The picture of Orlando was taking last year after the 2nd hurricane came through our area. We had a bumper crop of grapefruit but lost almost all of it. They all split open from the wind. We had 3 trash cans full that we had to toss. It was a real shame since that was probably our last year growing citrus. The state has flagged our trees because someone in the next development has citrus canker. We're not sure when they'll be cutting our trees down, but the state has told us that they are cutting them down. Last year Orlando and I got up on the roof to do some repairs...I thought Grampa must have been laughing looking down on me. If I can locate a picture maybe I'll post it so everyone can have a good laugh.

4 comments:

Bobby said...

Can it be? Is that Cathy with long hair? I am glad you posted that it was you standing next the the singer cause I would have never guessed it was you. Must be the long hair throwing me off, and what is Nyssa doing getting that tall? I just can't picture her being in her teens now. I just always knew her as the little girl in dresses that liked to draw. Sorry Nyssa. But its great to see the pictures of you guys and orlando looks the same as to what i remembered, is the mustache new? Well anywayz enough harassing you guys, and its good to see you.

Bobby

Cathy said...

Bobby, Nyssa's response to your comment use to stick her tongue out and blow a raspberry. She *doesn't do* dresses anymore. Speaking of drawing she said to remind your brother (Charlie) that he STILL owes her a white crayon.

Gail and Herb said...

Great seeing you all on, I think Nyssa is the only one I wouldn,t of known, shes so grown up. We would love to see that picture of you guys on the roof if you can find it. I,ll have to find another picture to post.

sean & kelly said...

Cathy you look great, you look as young as you did in high school! I agree with Bobby, Orlando you look exactly how I remember! Nyssa is a beautiful girl. She looks like she is very out going but looks as if she could play the shy role just as well! Send more pictures. 1