Sunday, September 04, 2005

Chey and Amy checking in!


Hello all. Thanks to Sandi for creating this forum! Amy and I are just doing our thing, enjoying the South Florida sun. I know it may sound odd, but I'm really missing everybody now that I got to spend a little time visiting at Lori's wedding.
As some of you know, Amy and I just purchased 30 acres in Eastern Tennessee, about half and hour east of Gatlinburg. We don't have a cabin on it yet, but I think it would be a great place to have a reunion in 5 or so years after we build one. For the meantime, though, I'm sure Lori will find a great place for us all. On that note, my vote is for either the first or the last weekend in July. I think that should accomodate any school-aged children. July 4th next year is on a Tuesday, so as long as most people are willing to take July 3rd off of work, that would create a nice four-day weekend to spend together. Even if you couldn't take July 3rd off, it would still be a normal two-day weekend to visit with the rest of us. On that note, Labor Day is also always a 3 day weekend.
Finally, just wanted to extend to everybody an invitation to visit us in Boca. Amy and I have a spare bedroom, and we're only 2 hours away from the start of the Keys. We'd love an excuse to get to the Keys, which we don't visit nearly often enough.
Anyway, we both miss all of you!!

11 comments:

Bobby said...

Hey Cheyanne and Amy,
How have you guys been? Good to see that you made it on the blog, slowly but surely its starting to fill up. You bought 30 acres east of gatlinburg? I am not that far from there in Johnson City, thats a really nice area and the east tn mountains are beautiful. Next time you guys come up there give me a holler. 732 616 3442
Bobby

Gail and Herb said...

Glad to see you you made it, I kept looking for you. Your property sounds great, liked the picture. Can'nt wait to see you again. Aunt Gail and Uncle Herb

Cheyenne & Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheyenne & Amy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Cheyenne & Amy said...

(Alright, for the third time...)
Bobby, how far would you say you are from Newport? I think it would be about an hour and a half, is that correct? Anyway, our property is about 10 minutes west of Newport. As far as contacting you when we go up to visit, don't worry, those plans have already been set in stone. We'll be going up probably a week before or a week after both Thanksgiving and Christmas, give or take. We'll keep you posted! Hopefully I can convince Ralph and family to come up with us! Also, I wanted to add a note to everybody that Amy says we should have a bunch of you all down to visit, rent a requisite number of Winnebagos, and caravan to the Keys! I told her she didn't know how brilliant an idea that was!!!

Sandi said...

Cheyenne, the kids and I will take you up on that invitation to visit. I really miss having your mom around -- both just because I miss her and because we miss having the family here getting together. I never see you or Chris anymore, and neither of you are very far from me. We'll have to think of an excuse for us to all get together...maybe dinner at my house, or a picnic one Saturday or something!

Gail and Herb said...

OK Guy! How did you do the picture, I,m getting better using the computer as long as I get exact directions. LOL We have so many different places to visit ,its great! Hopefully in the near future we can do it. miss you!

Melisssa Neuhaus said...

I wish we had more time at the wedding to visit - I loved catching up on the missed time that we had - I love colorado - my email address is squirt_waterrat@hotmail.com - email me and i can put you on the list of updates
- I am looking forward to the reunion - july fourth sounds good cause we can have more time

my trip out to colorado was boring except for all the family I got to visit on the way - the first night i stayed in a hotel, the second i was abble to stay at aunt mickey's, the third at my aunt linda, and fourth at aunt kay's
did i luck out or what - i wish i had more time to visit everyone though
Love
Melissa

April said...

I'm sorry I missed your Anniversary So even though its late Happy Aniversary!! When are we going to get together? I haven't seen any of you for ages. My house is just about finished and back together except mostly for finishing pieces. I heard Renee had a similar problem in her mobile home. Have you checked out Herb in Colorado? You two probably have a lot in common. Take care, Love Aunt April

Cathy said...

Chey and Amy!
I'm sorry we missed your anniversary also. I'm sure you celebrated it nicely.

Cathy

sean & kelly said...

WOW!! WOW!! WOW!! Your a man!! I mean, WOW, I feel so old! EVERYONE is grown up! You look great. How long have you been married? what do you guys do? Catch me up! How is everyone? Sean and I are taking the family to florida soon, I would love to stop by and see you! Send more pictures please.