Friday, September 02, 2005

Estremera Family Reporting In

Hi, Everyone!
Mom and Sandi are so excited that you guys are so excited and participating with the family blog. When Nyssa & I got home from Youth Group Wednesday night, there was a message to call Sandi no matter how late it was. When I called, she made me boot up the computer and check the site out...it was almost 1 am when we finally got off the phone. Then Thursday night, I called Mom after Nyssa and I got home from the U-Turn Block Party and the same thing happened. (Sorry Mom for keeping you up to almost 1 am viewing the site) Both were a little upset with me because I wouldn't post either night...I just didn't think that anything I typed would make much sense at that hour.

Catch up time - Orlando loves owning our own home. He is in 7th heaven taking care of the yard or doing things around the house. Everyone in the neighborhood calls him Birdman. The birds just flock to him (so do the squirrels). He has caught me 14 lovebirds, 1 parrot, 1 cockatiel, countless bluejays and wrens. (He lets the bluejays and wrens go). It's so funny to watch, basically he opens the porch door and they fly right to him. We've managed to get his cholesterol and blood pressure under control so he's off both medicines now.

Cathy has decided after 3 1/2 years that being Assistant Manager of Chuck E Cheese was more then enough. She is now working in an office as an Admin Assistant for a company. She's loving every minute of it. Both Cathy and Orlando are coaches for the church's Youth Group.

Nyssa is doing great. She's a freshman in highschool. She's taking after her Aunt Sandi and mom by taking 2 Honors Advance Placement classes and 1 college class. She's involved with 1st Priority at school, she's the Assistant Captain for Above & Beyond's Jump Rope Team (first demo is in 3 weeks), leading a girls' Bible Study on the Beatitudes, along with going to as many concerts as she can (at least one a month) Favorite band to see is Starfield (3 times in less then a year) and Hawk Nelson.

I'll try to post some pictures later.

Cathy, Orlando & Nyssa
Joyful (ferrett), Rainbow & Skye (Budgies), Darling (Cockatiel)
Midnight, Starlite, Sunrise, Sunset, Truth, Love, Precious, Cherubim, Angel, Houdini (Lovebirds) and Bully (the squirrel that won't let Cathy into the house without being bribed with peanuts)

3 comments:

Gail and Herb said...

We were so glad to see you on.We saw a picture of Nyssa that Sandi took, shes so tall and grown up. Good for Orlando going off his medicines, I,m still working on mine. Its been so long sense we've seen you,looking forward to next summer.

Melisssa Neuhaus said...

I can't believe how long it has been - miss you and love you - I am glad everyone is doing well

Sandi said...

Just for the record, it's ALWAYS almost 1 am when we get off the phone -- it had nothing to do with me "making you book up the computer."