Friday, September 02, 2005

Family Reunion 2006

As some of you know, there has been a lot of talk about having a family reunion next year. I think the 1st thing to do is to select a date which works best for everyone. My thoughts were to have it the weekend of either August 5th or August 12th. I came up with this since the kids are off from school & it is a month before grandmom's birthday. Anyone else have any other ideas for dates that would be a good weekend? Once we pick a date, then we can start figuring out the 'where'. Until we have more family on this site, I was thinking of having 1 person be the point person for each family (i.e. Aunt Robin's family, Aunt Leslie's family, etc.) to try & spread the word around & get feedback on the date. I can be the Neuhaus point person, unless my parents want to take over. Our family has grown so much & it would really be nice to see everyone. And I know Grandmom would be thrilled to see so much of us together! Hope to hear back from everyone soon! Love Lori

5 comments:

Gail and Herb said...

Thats a good start. We have been talking about. Aunt Leslie mentioned a holiday would be good cause everyone has a longer weekend.The 4th of July would be the only Holiday cause of college and School. Just a thought! Your real good at planning Lori, but I can help.

Cathy said...

Lori,
Those dates would work for the families in NJ, but not those of us in FL. Our kids go back to school the first part of August. Also double check with my mom as to which parts of the month she has to avoid because of work.

Cathy, Orlando & Nyssa

Sandi said...

I'll join with Cathy in saying that the last week of July or the first weekend of August is better for us since Florida starts school early August. Here in Palm Beach County (where Cathy & I live) starts school around Aug. 10th. I'm so excited about this reunion -- it's been way too long since we've all gotten together.

Sandi said...

With picking a date for the reunion, does it make any difference that July 4th will be on Tuesday?

Gail and Herb said...

I didn,t look first, sorry, The last weekend of July or first of Aug is back on the board. Aunt Gail