Sunday, November 20, 2005

Time To Gather For Thanksgiving....

Thanksgiving is just around the corner... 4 days to be exact. Time for families and friends to gather, eat and celebrate. We haven't been able to gather together around one table (ok a dozen tables in one home) for quite a few years. I thought it would be nice to catch everyone up on who would be gathering where and any special customs/traditions that have evolved over the years. Orlando, Nyssa and I will be going to Sandi's home for Thanksgiving this year. It's really nice since its only been the past 5 years that Sandi, Mom and I are able to gather together to celebrate. So who is gathering where? Who will be visiting? What special dishes are you looking forward to? (I can't wait for the pearl onions and stuffing! YUM!) I know that Becky will have the tables set as if royalty was coming. Becky is the perfect hostess...I think one day she will take over Martha's empire.
One of the traditions that we did when Aunt Mickey hosted Thanksgiving dinner and it was Aunt Mickey, Uncle Dale, Cheyenne & Amy, Ralph, Laurie and boys, Danny, David, Chris & Melissa, Sandi, Cari, PJ, Becky, Mom, Orlando, Nyssa and myself gathered, we would pick a name from a hat to give a Christmas ornament to.
So what is everyone's plans for this year?

4 comments:

April said...

Cathy, You Forgot Aunt Mickeys Giving Thanks Tree! Remember she took Felt leaves and wrote on them what she was thankful for. She kept the tree up till Christmas. Mickeys boys have been invited to Sandis and we are keeping our fingers crossed that they will make it.

Bobby said...

Thanksgiving for me: The one thing i miss most about Turkey Day is Granny's Rolls (Marian Neuhaus). Cause all i used to eat for Thanksgiving was Rolls, Turkey, Mashed Potato's, and Gravy. Now Thanksgiving consists of me spending it at a friends house. Last year was in Middle NC at a buddies house and this year its NW NC at another friends house. Each giving me a huge dose of the southern thanksgiving experience.

sean & kelly said...

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I am working tomorrow so I'm still up baking pies and my bread. This Thanksgiving we are spending alone. I am to tired. Usually though Aunt Leslie and Uncle Doug and Tracy and Mike come up. We spend all day cooking,special dips and stuff to hold everyone over. The kids get thier sparkling cider. Uncle Doug says the grace then we spend the time going around the table telling what we are thankful for. Great food, great conversation, great fun. After cleaning up we have coffee and pies and discuss Christmas! And of course dont forget the GAME! I think of the days at grandmoms and grandpops and of all the people! Thinking of each and everyone of you and giving great thanks that in a sense we are all together again for this holiday season. I love you all.

Melisssa Neuhaus said...

hello everyone - I have always had thanksgiven in new jersey -but this year turning 27 and never have left the country before decided to go to ireland for 8 days (i know a freind taking a semester at galaway) - it is sooo beautiful here and although my thanksgiven dinner was chicken stir fry... it was great because i am sharing it with three wonderful people that i have here in ireland and been traveling around with - when i get back i'll put out a message and some pictures of the trip... \love you all and miss you