Friday, November 25, 2005

The Day After

Its the day after Thanksgiving, I am in the living watching another episode of Blues Clues as Cassie is finishing off a bottle. I am trying to keep the couch from escaping by planting myself within the soft cushions and I find myself reflecting on what a great day We had yesterday. I woke up at Five O'clock a.m. and went to the gym, after an hour workout, I came home and showered, and got dressed for hunting with the old man. I got to his place by Seven thirty, and his friends all got there at around Eight. So we left for manchester to do the walking through the woods with loaded guns thing. I felt great that I was invited, Its been a while since anyone realy trusted me with a gun, Ha Ha. I came home with three field dressed pheasants, One that I acually shot, and was ready for another shower. While I was getting dressed in the bathroom, I found out that Danielle's brother was here by him walking in on me. What a funny start to the afternoon. Danielle out did herself by serving and outstanding spread and Turkey. Her brother and his roommate were more eager than I was to dig in. We all ate to our fill and had a great time around the table telling stories, Family history and what we were all up to. Cassie had a great time running to and fro at a pace that would kill most marathon runners. We had dessert and coffee to ease the day to an end. The time we shared made me feel blessed to have the chance to have a new family of my own and to be able to reflect on my own childhood with a smile. Plus This year I have a great bonus, a second Thanksgiving at my parents house. This is why I was at the gym. I hope everyones Thanksgiving was a blessed one, and looking foward to a wonderful Christmas. Love you all.......Charles

3 comments:

sean & kelly said...

The day after Thanksgiving: I got up and brewed some coffee. Ate a piece of cheesecake while waiting, then had a piece of pumpkin pie with my coffee, then headed off to work with a turkey sandwich on home made bread,of which I ate half of before I got to work! After work I went to the mall with Sean and went shopping! Then I went to pick up Kevin from work and that is where my second brand new car met IT'S demise! Some lady ran a red light as I was making a left turn and we plowed right in to each other! ANOTHER accident!! My head slammed into the windshield and I have a big bump and abraision! How foolish of me to think my "convergence" was over! Thank God once again no one was hurt. I wish someone would Bless me! Today I did what I usually do when I need to feel better in a hurry and I went and bought something for myself! Fortunately no one realizes it was for me because it is a rottwieler puppy and they think she is for them. But I have always wanted one so I played the sympathy card, {more like the bump on the head card} and got one! I already feel better! Any how, how was everyone elses Thanksgiving?

Gail and Herb said...

It is the Sat. after Thanksgiven, and I will share our couple of days. Thanksgiven morning started at 7am with Lady howling and and carrying on cause she caught Uncle Herb getting her hunting leash ready. I got up and had my coffee,no sense staying in bed now. Shes really going nuts now, hes putting on the hunting pants, and packing up the hunting bag!. She really knows where they are going. Charles is here having coffee with us. Oh good, the rest of the guys have showed up, its 8 am and they are all leaving! I finally have the place to myself, now I can turn up the country music, and start my cooking. No lady getting under my feet, looking for that dropped crumb. The guys were back at 1 and the hunting was good. Charles rushed home for his dinner. We took a Chocolate Pie and 2 dishes to Herb and Cindy 's at 3 for a nice Turkey and Ham dinner. At 6 we left to go to our friends for coffee and desert at 7. What a great day we had. Friday was a nice and relaxing day, cooked my squash, sweet potatoe and turnip for Saturdays dinner and put up some christmas Decorations. Today we got up at 7, Cleaned a little, and got the rest of the food cooked. Lori,Chris, Charles Danielle,Cassie, Granny and Aunt Robin came at 4 for our Turkey dinner.Charles said grace and we all said what we are thankful for. We had a lot of food and Bob, Granny's Rolls are still the best! After we cleaned up we all sat around talking and watched Cassie run all over the place and be as cute as can be. We had Coffee and a lot of different deserts Everyone left between 8:30 and 9. What a nice day we had. We missed Bob and Melissa and looking forward to seeing them Christmas.

Bobby said...

The Morning After:
Buzz Buzz goes the alarm clock, as I lay there thinking, "Why in god's name did i agree to work". I roll off of a couch at 5 am. Carefully weave myself up the stairs careful not to wake up anyone on my way through. Then i am on the road by 5:30am. By 7:30am to 7:30pm I am at work. Swung by a mexican restaurant on my way home from work, ate dinner and then made it back to my apartment and was fast asleep by 10pm, still thinking "why the hell did i agree to work today". I did have a great thanksgiving and was glad my friends family opened up there home for me to spend it with them.