Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving Memories

Bobby's comment to my Thanksgiving gathering post got me thinking about Thanksgivings past. I figure this would make a neat chapter in our family memoirs book. So how about if all of us post a memory or two on the blog about Thanksgiving I'll copy them and put them in the book.

My first memory I guess would have to be Orlando and I spending Thanksgiving with Aunt Robin's family. The tables set up in the dining room and living room and even on the porch to fit all of us. It seemed like wall to wall people and endless food. Every thing was always delicious. It was always a challenge to try to get Aunt Robin to sit down and relax. I was always amazed when it came time to do the dishes that there really are a gazillion dishes and Aunt Robin owns them all. But the thing that stands out the most is the love that filled the house.

My second memory is of Thanksgiving at Aunt Mickey's. Again it seemed like wall to wall people! Laughter filled the house along with love. At least once each year, Aunt Mickey's dog (Gator) would decide that he wanted me to pet him. So Gator (who weighs twice what I weigh, easily) would knock me over and then climb onto my lap so that I couldn't get up. I wouldn't be able to get him off me, but I never minded...I was usually to busy laughing at getting pinned by a dog. One year Uncle Dale put together an appetizer tray that looked like a turkey. It was great! We all took pictures, but didn't want to be the first one to take from the tray and ruin his hard work.

So who else wants to share some memories?

No comments: