Sunday, October 16, 2005

Hot/Chili Anniversary Celebration

Cathy, Orlando, and Nyssa joined Mom, me (Sandi) and Ryan at the St. Lucie County Chili Cookoff yesterday to celebrate Cathy & Orlando's 21st anniversary. We had a wonderful time, and I thought I would share some of the highlights:

Posted by Picasa
Cathy & Orlando

Even after 21 years of marriage, they're still rolling around in the hay together!








Early in the day, Cathy was "arrested" and jailed. I'm not sure what the exact charges were, but I believe it had something to do with not cleaning her room since Mom was the one who had her arrested.

Cathy had to stay in jail until she could raise the appropriate bail. Orlando did offer twice the bail amount -- but only if the sheriff would keep her!










Once Cathy was released from jail, Orlando spent the rest of the day in hiding from the law -- especially when we learned that the sheriff passed along Orlando's offer to Cathy!









The kids (Nyssa, Ryan, and of course Cathy) jumped around a bit. The bungee jump was a lot of fun -- but none of them managed to do a flip. Maybe next time.




















At the end of the day, we rode away in true chili-country style -- in a hay wagon.


Ryan (my new son) and Nyssa

Mom (aka April)

3 comments:

Cathy said...

Sandi, Thanks for posting the photos so quickly. We really enjoyed seeing them. Orlando wanted me to just correct a few minor errors...1st Orlando offered 5 times the bail amount if they kept me - not 2 times. (He figures that since he's been sentenced to a)another 21 years of marriage to me and b) Santa {who was also in jail at the same time with me} was taking him off the "good ol' boy list as a result the correct amount should be known.) 2nd - Orlando wasn't hiding from the law...he was hiding from ME...do you blame him?
Yesterday was a lot of fun and we're glad that you, Ryan and Mom (aka April) were able to join Orlando, Nyssa and I celebrating it. Though I will admit Chili doesn't taste as good as anniversary lobster.

Gail and Herb said...

Cathy and Orlando Happy Anniversary !! You look so cute sitting in the hay. Looks like it was a real fun day too.

Gail and Herb said...

Orlando hope you had a nice birthday! I saw that it was the 18th.