Monday, April 16, 2007

Sandi: 3 Truths and a Fib

Okay. I guess since the game is my idea, I should go first.

[I have to admit, by the way, that coming up with four things to tell you about was a lot harder than I thought it would be. I came up with lots of really good fibs. Stuff that just about believable enough, but not quite true. I never realized what a great liar I was, although I prefer to think of it as having an active imagination. Coming up with three truths was the tough part for me. I either have to start living a more exciting life so that I have more to talk about, or else I need to stop writing stuff in my blog because everything I thought of was already talked about in Staying Focused.]

Here are my four items to catch you up in my life.
(Be sure to post your guess as a comment as to which item is the fib!)

(1) In April I "adopted" another teenager. I was asked if I could take him in for a couple of weeks because I've done emergency foster care in the past. And of course I said yes.

(2) In March my youngest daughter, Becky (13), was awarded a 4-year scholarship to college. I am, of course, extremely proud of her.

(3) In February we traveled back to Sarasota so that my son (15) could have his 5th-year class reunion.

(4) In January I returned to the classroom, as a student. I'm not sure what I was thinking, other than I would like my master's degree after all these years.

5 comments:

Charles Danielle & Cassie said...

Im glad to hear all is going good with you guys, we miss you and cant wait to come visit again! I just recently made an album out of the trip, and it bought back a lot of happy memories. I think that you didnt go to Sarasota... are we right?

Bobby said...

I don't think Becky got the scholarship "yet".

Gail and Herb said...

I also agree with Bob, I think Becky is too young for scholarships, sorry Becky if we are wrong. Aunt Gail

sean & kelly said...

I know about scholarships and I do know about types you can get "early on" for different things and with Beckys "genetic" gifts, I dont doubt it for a minute! So, speaking of which, it makes perfect sense that you are back in school. I have teens so I also know first hand about "adopting" as I have a few myself. I never heard of a 5 year reunion for a teenager! I think thats your fib!

Sandi said...

It's time for me to come clean.

Nobody guessed that "adopting" another teenager was my fib. It's a good thing, too, since that was a truth. My son's buddy came back to live with us while his mom took some time to get herself back on track.

Bobby and Gail both guessed that Becky's scholarship was the fib. Sorry, but that was also a truth. Take Stock in Children has awarded Becky a full four-year scholarship to any Florida state university. Of course, she isn't so sure that she wants to go to a Florida college -- she says she wants to go someplace exciting out of state like her big sister -- but I convinced her that it wouldn't hurt to accept the scholarship "just in case."

Charlie and Kelly both guessed that PJ's five year class reunion was the fib. It does sound far-fetched, but he really did have a reunion with his fifth grade class. He was on myspace, and happened to find his best friend from back then (who moved about the same time we did). The two boys went on to track down some of their other classmates from 5th grade, and they decided it would be fun to get together. Since I am a true descendant of Madam Two-Wheels and will use any excuse for a trip, I immediately agreed to bring PJ over to Sarasota for a weekend visit. We all had a good time, and we're planning on getting the kids together more often.

That leave the fourth item as the fib. While I am planning to go back to school, I haven't actually started yet. I was supposed to start last fall, but they canceled the class I signed up for and I had to wait for spring semester. Then in January (just one week before class was to start) the university announced that they wanted to consolidate the program and the classes I needed would only be offered on the Miami campus. I really didn't want to be driving to Miami once a week for the next two years, so I withdrew. I'm thinking about trying an online program, or perhaps I can get into the other local college for the fall semester.

So it seems that I'm a really good fibber, since I managed to fool everyone. ;)