Sunday, August 06, 2006

It's been a wonderful reunion!

Tonight's the last evening for our Gathering, and it's so hard to say goodbye to everyone. We've had such a wonderful time catching up, and getting to know, each other.

We've had a lot of wonderful activities, and there are now lots of new stories to share. We've hiked up Mingo Falls (okay -- I didn't hike up the falls, but several other people did). We tubed down the Raven River (again, I didn't but others have the bruised butts to show that they made the trip). I did go on the whitewater rafting trip down the Nantahala River! And of course there have been lots of pictures taken. I've started adding some of them to the online gallery, and will try to get the rest of them online later this week once I'm back home. (Don't forget to send me your photos so we can do The Gathering DVD.)

The best part has been the chance to get together and enjoy being with family. I hate that in a few hours I'll be loading the van and leaving everyone to head back to Florida. PLEASE keep in touch, whether it's through this blog, by emails, phone, letters -- we love you too much to lose touch again.

7 comments:

Herbie said...

Wow!!! What a great time. We did not want to leave nor did we want to say goodbye. We got home save, we took the grandmom route by basically zig zag over the mountains, about 3am. this morning.

Love you all,

Herbie

Cheyenne & Amy said...

We got home safe. I can't begin to describe what a great time we had. I'm so happy that we were all able to get together.

Sandi said...

Mom and I are home safe. We took our time, driving just 7 hours yesterday before stopping for the night and finishing the last 8 hours today. My kids are wonderful -- after all that time of being cramped up in the car without any complaining, they unloaded everything and have it all unpacked for me!

I was hoping to post some of the pictures online, but I think I'm going to go to bed since I have to go into work in the morning. I'll try to get the photos up in the next day or so.

Ralph, Laurie, Tyler, Trevor, & Ethan :) said...

Our family is home safe as well. We had such a wonderful time with everyone, and we are looking forward to the next time that we will all be together again. :)

Lori & Chris Stanton said...

Chris & I got home safe too! We had such a wonderful time with everyone! Wish we had more time to talk more w/everyone. We are looking forward to the next reunion!
Love Lori & Chris

Charles Danielle & Cassie said...

hey everyone, we made it home safe at 4 a.m. on wensday. I took 441 north through the Great smokey mountains and we all climbed to the top of the Clingmans Dome, Aunt Mickey told us about it, and what a view at 6,950 feet above see leval. We will be posting pictures soon. We love all of you, and had a memorable time

sean & kelly said...

we are home! 0100 this morning. we took 71 miles of the blue ridge parkway into asheville to see sean's mom and sister then left wed. 0700 and drove straight through. ran into a horrific accident that tied traffic up for about an hour and then a torrential thunderstorm in mississippi that tied us up a couple of hours! We had a fantastic time! Saying goodbye was so hard. Sandi, Aunt Gail, everyone involved, it was wonderful!!!!! THANK-YOU! Any one up for next week?