Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Bits and Pieces...

Now that we're all back into our "normal" lives after the reunion, I just wanted to say how much fun I had getting to see everyone. And that we missed those of you who couldn't make it this time.

Don't forget that we're putting together a DVD of pictures from the reunion. Please send me (snail mail on disk, or emails with attachments) your favorite/best pictures from the reunion. Ralph & Laurie are generously financing this project, so everyone will be getting a copy of the combined pictures. (Thank you, Ralph & Laurie!)

We've already started talking about the next gathering. We've decided to hold the reunions every two years, and it's been suggested that we go on a cruise for the next one (in 2008). Aunt Leslie has offered to head the reunion committee for that one, and I know that she would appreciate any and all help. So let her know if there's anything you would like to do to help organize the next reunion. We're also taking suggestions on how to make the next reunion even better.

Mom (April) and I were talking, and she pointed out that we don't have to wait for the next reunion to get together. Let's get some "Mini Gatherings" going! (For instance, there's a bunch of us living down here in Florida -- we should all meet somewhere for a picnic, just to keep in touch. Maybe a Labor Day Weekend Picnic... let me know if you're interested.) If anyone is gathering together, be sure to post about it here on the blog.

And on a totally unrelated topic: Check out the Celebrations link that has been added to the blog. I thought it would be nice to have a place to share greetings, for those of us who are chronically sending out "belated" cards. I'll do my best to keep it up to date each month. And if I miss anyone, please let me know so that they can be added.

2 comments:

Lori & Chris Stanton said...

Sandi:
I will e-mail you my best pics from the Reunion this sunday.
Love Lori

Gail and Herb said...

Sandi, I made a cd of some of my better pics. mailed them today. I had a lot of nice one of the waterfall that others took, cause I could,nt go. I can,t wait to see everyone elses pics. I will call Kelly cause she is not getting my E-Mails. Love the picture Lori, I don,t know how to do that. Love to all Herb and Gail