Saturday, June 03, 2006

Reunion T-Shirt

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS ENTRY WAS UPDATED ON THURSDAY 6/8/2006!

Some of us have been talking about getting t-shirts for the reunion. I've done some research, and we can get nice shirts for less than $10 each, depending on how many we order as a group. They'll need to be ordered soon, so we'll send out a letter to everyone June 10th. First, though, we need to decide on the color and design.

I've found four five designs that we thought were nice. Or if any of our artistic family members would like to design something, we could use that instead. We do need to pick just one design. So as a comment, let me know which is your favorite design, and the one with the most votes will win. (If anyone emails me a design, I'll add that to the choices and we'll revote.)

Also, we need to decide on a color. Choices are green, dark blue, light blue, black. (I'm taking white out of the vote, since it seems too impractical for camping.)I can get other colors, but if I list ALL the choices it would get overwhelming. I've been told that if we want to put names on the shirts, we would be better off choosing a dark imprint on a light-colored shirt. Since I don't want to make the decision, I need you to please include a preferred color of shirt with your vote.



So voting begins today, and ends on Saturday. Whatever votes we get in that time, decides it. (If nobody votes, I guess you'll be stuck with whatever mom and I decide on!)

Also, because of the time frame we have, once the letter goes out to order the shirts whatever deadline the letter gives will be the actual deadline. (And the deadline will depend on the company we end up using.) If you don't get your order back in time, then you won't get a shirt. NO LATE ORDERS WILL BE ACCEPTED!


In addition to the designs below, you can find another choice (design #8) here. (Just click on the link.) This design can easily be adapted to include all 150-200 names in our family!



VINTAGE

This would, of course, read "Neuhaus Reunion 2006". And even though it's in gold, we could have it printed on any color. (Remember, any of these designs can be done on any color shirt, with any color ink.)











NAME SPIRAL

The inside would say Neuhaus Family Reunion. Above, it would have the dates (August 4-6, 2006) and below would be the location (Cherokee, North Carolina). The spiral around is everyone's name in the family -- if we choose this one I'll try to get the list typed up to send with the letter so that if I miss anyone we'll have a chance to add them.










NEW TRADITION

This is a nice shirt for a first reunion, especially if we plan on doing this again!












NAME TREE

We can have as many branches added to the tree as we need, and the "leaves" can include everyone's name from that branch. For instance, the branches would be ROBIN, APRIL, DIANE, LESLEY, HERB, MARION and Aunt Kay's children, with Gramma and Aunt Kay as the trunk.

14 comments:

April said...

Naturally I think this is a great idea!! The countdown is on for the reunion, its only 2 months away. Have you all noticed Sandis countdown on the bottom of the blog? Maybe we could put it up on top? Which also reminds me have you all noticed the new look of the blog? The picture on top is not just a pretty picture of water and mountains, it's where we are going for our reunion. So come on everyone get excited, in no time we will be together! Love you all

Sandi said...

I love the idea of having the countdown on the top. Unfortunately, mom, I couldn't get the countdown up top (especially since I added the picture up top). And the countdown is too long to fit on the side where I really wanted it.

If someone who actually KNOWS html would like to play around a little, I'm open to suggestions. As you've all noticed, I like playing with this site!

And by the way, mom, in all the compliments and suggestions you totally forgot to put in your vote for a shirt!

April said...

I am thinking and will put my vote in later.

Sandi said...

Okay, I did some playing around, and the countdown to the reunion is now at the top of the page.

Does anyone else have a request for the blogsite? :)

Charles Danielle & Cassie said...

Hey Sandi, give me a day or two to track down the family crest from Germany, the town our name came from, Neuhaus, Germany.

Cari said...

My vote goes for dark blue, name spiral.

Lori & Chris Stanton said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori & Chris Stanton said...

Hey Sandi! It has been a LONG time since I was on here. The new look of the blog looks great! And the countdown on top is great too! I cannot believe the reunion is only 2 months away! Chris & I will be attending from eve of 8/3 thru eve of 8/6 (possibly til 8/7). We cannot wait to see everyone!

The t-shirts are a good idea. I like either the Name Spiral or New Tradition shirts; color choice is dark blue (or even the same colors as per the samples).

Love Lori

Sandi said...

Hey Lori! It's good to see you back on the blog. I'd love to see pictures of the new house, now that you've had a chance to settle in a bit. I've heard that it is beautiful.

Gail and Herb said...

Hi every one, It was great talking to you last night Sandi, I,m still with the Spiral and if its to be light, I like light blue, or real light green, the guys will not go for pink or lavender. If we get the crest then that will be my vote. The Blog looks great, love the picture!Love Aunt Gail

Lori & Chris Stanton said...

Hey Sandi! I will e-mail you some pics of our cute little home very soon. And the for my shirt choice; I still like the ones I picked before.
Love Lori

April said...

OOps, I almost forgot to vote. I vote for the simple design (Coleman Reunion) in Blue with darker blue letters. Love you all, April

Ralph, Laurie, Tyler, Trevor, & Ethan :) said...

So far our vote is going to the spiral shirt, in light blue or light green. We will be happy with any color or style that is chosen. :)

Bobby said...

I vote Spiral with a Light Bluish SHirt and Red Letters. :)