Thursday, March 30, 2006

Spring Break Adventure





Well hello one and all - been missing everyone and enjoying seeing everything on the blog. I just got back from spring break a couple of days ago and what an adventure I had

While driving out to Southern California to Joshua Tree National park with my friend Jacob and Annie in my car and Andrew had his truck with Kevin as his passenger. We hit a hail storm and my car spun out of control about 6 times hitting a couple of bushes before coming to a rest sideways with the nose of the car barely in the fast lane. I thought for sure we had flipped but we didn't I think cause of the bushes. Thankfully My friend Jacob was driving cause I don't think I would of handled it very well. As soon as we started spinning I took a deep breath and relaxed my body as much as possible.


NO one was hurt thankfully.

Annie was in the back and just bruised her shoulder slightly which was fine a day later.

For some reason kayaking terms popped in my head and after the initial reaction of is everyone ok all I could think of was get out of the car and go upstream in case another vehicle doesn't see us and hit the car. After the cops came and the tow-truck guy loaded up the car because the car had no back tire and wasn't drivable - we waited for the tow-truck guy under a bridge to get our gear before the car was towed to the impound.

after finding a motel and and sleeping for a few hours we started making the rest of the way to the park having to make two trips we were finally at our destination

Other than having to deal with insurance stuff and the impound and mechanic on Monday - the trip was amazing. We did a bunch of rock climbing, rock scrambling, hiking and hanging out by the camp fire.

For the trip home my friends pitched in and I rented a car making it safely back to gunny for school........ NOt ready for school cause my brain is still on break.

Hope everyone is well and can't wait to see everyone in August.

Love

Mel
p.s. mom the people in the picture from left to right is

Andrew, Kevin, Annie, Me, and Jacob

1 comment:

Gail and Herb said...

I really like the pictures, and thanks for putting names with the faces.I can,t wait to hear more about your trip, sounds like you had a good time, considering the bad start. Later Love Mom