Thursday, March 02, 2006

WHAT A Great Trip

Hello everyone, our first family trip was a roaring success. Traveling at night worked out better than I could of guessed, Cassie slept through most of the traveling and Danelle slept half of the time. Which made driving pretty easy for me. Our first stop was Brother Bob in Tennessee. I got to take a power nap on his cozy couch while he took Cassie and Danielle to his school where Cassie was able to run up and down this enclosed, multi story ramp. It was a good and brief visit, and I was happy to see him. Our next stop was an overnight in Macon, Georgia. My cousin Doreen, husband Orlando, and her five kids were overjoyed to see us and Cassie. I was overjoyed to see a bed I was able to use. The visit was great, telling of childhood memories, revealing tales of my parents (HaHa HaHa), and of present day joys. The next morning we slept in and had a great breakfast with the kids. Before we left, we bum-rushed Doreen at work for photos we forgot and goodbyes. At Around 12 we headed out towards Tallahassee, Florida to meet up with Ralph, Laurie, and their boys Trevor, Tyler, and little Ethan. We arrived shortly after they did from there trip to Lauries parents. The timing was tight, but well worth it. Laurie gave us the grand tour of their beautiful house, (which Ralph built) and we got settled in. Laurie and Ralph treated us to dinners, their house, and their hospitality. Cassie had the time of her life playing with boys and the lack of running boundries. We left the following night towards West Palm Beach at around 9, we took our last couple of pictures and last minute hugs and hit the road. The next morning we arrived at Sandi's shortly after she woke up at 4:30 a.m. and immediately settled in. Sandi gave us free reign of her spacious and beautiful apartment, and gave Danielle directions to local eateries and the park. Later that night we all left for a short drive to Boca to Cheyennes house for the Flordian welcome party. The drive was eventful( a story for a later post) but we made it O.K. We had dinner with Cheyenne, Amy, Sandi, Cathy, Orlando, Becca, PJ, and Nyssa. Cheyenne gave us the tour, fixed my car, and showed me his "TOYS". We had an incredible vist and realized its been way too long for this. The next day, April came over to Sandis and took us all to the Zoo, Cassie slept for most of it, But me and Danielle had a great time. When we were leaving, Cassie woke up in time to play in the huge kids fountain. What a blast. Afterwards, They took us to the mall were Becca made a Build a bear for Cassie. Danielle got to make one as well. Then Sandi treated us to dinner, and Cheyenne road up from Boca on his Harley (TOY #1) during dinner and coffee we all got to catch up and all talked about the upcoming Family reunion. Pictures and Hugs and I said goodbye to April and Cheyenne. The next day, me and Danielle took Cassie to this Lego Castle Playland. basically a huge indoor room safe for kids of all ages to run around, yes even safe for me. At lunch me and Cassie napped, and Danielle got to go to the Mall. Later we packed, took last minute pictures and had a great dinner with Sandi and the kids. We said our good byes and headed home. The next day we were at Danielle's Aunt's house in Virginia and got some much needed sleep. We had a good but breif visit and left for home. We made it to Bradley Beach New Jersey by 2 o'clock safe and sound. Our special thanks to everyone we got to see, Can't wait to see everyone else in August, and our love to ALL.

5 comments:

Gail and Herb said...

Well Charles I will be the first to comment on your trip. Sorry it took so long but I was waiting for someone else to be the first. I quess everyone is real busy this time of the year. I,m glad you had such a good time and were able to see so many family members . The best part for me was that Danielle was able to E-Mail us pictures of Cassie, knowing how much we were going to miss her. We just love this computer age. Love Mom and Dad

Sandi said...

I've been meaning to post, but there always seems to be a million and one things that have to be done first. Sorry.

I am so glad that Charlie and Danielle were able to come down and visit with us. We had a great time! My only complaint is that they weren't able to stay longer. (And that Cassie liked Becky better than me...)

If anyone else is thinking of taking a trip to Florida, we would love to see you. The kids and I love company, and there is always plenty of room.

sean & kelly said...

Hi guys! Sounds like a great trip! The baby just gets cuter and cuter! You guys look great! I havent seen a picture of Bobby in a while! He looks fantastic! Reminds me of a younger Ricky! The picture of Doreen and her family,is that Doreen Kelley? The girl on the right looks like how I remember her but obviously that cant be her!

Gail and Herb said...

Kelly yes that is Doreen Kelley and her daughter is the perfect image of he Mom as a little girl, and her son Joey reminds me or her brother Tommy as a little boy. Doreen and Family are trying to come to the reunion. Her little sister Mary who is getting married April 22 is trying to come two, I,m so excited about seeing everyone. Love Aunt Gail

sean & kelly said...

Oh my GOD! That can not be Doreen! She looks like she is in her 50'S! I thought we were the same age! I agree her son does look like Tommy! We already paid for our Kabin and Kottage in full for the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th. See you then! We can't wait!