Tuesday, September 04, 2007

The Gathering Post

I finally finished the first quarterly edition of the Family Newsletter, and it is in the mail. I want to thank everyone who helped with suggestions and news to share. And I need to apologize for the rather one-sidedness of this edition -- I just didn't hear from all sides of the family. Hopefully the next edition (December) will be better rounded.

The newsletter was mailed to every address I had. So if you do not receive a copy (or know of someone in the family who does not receive a copy), please let me know.

Why A Newsletter?

One of the suggestions that had come out of our survey about the first Family Gathering was the need for better communication. Not everyone has access to the internet. And there are even some people who just don't enjoy being online. (Personally, I don't understand that. But family is family, no matter what odd ideas they have. LOL*) This newsletter is intended to be just another way of keeping everyone in touch. And the only way it's going to work is if you become a part of it: by sharing stories, news, ideas, pictures, and even jokes. (The only rule is if you correct my grammar or spelling, you automatically become the editor-in-chief! LOL*)

I hope you enjoy the Gathering Post, and I'm looking forward to having an even better second edition! And in the meantime, keep posting stuff on this blog...

1 comment:

Sandi said...

*LOL = Laugh Out Loud

Just as a quick explanation -- I'm very tired right now, and obviously a little silly. I've made some attempts at jokes; please laugh politely and ignore me as you wish.