Tuesday, July 04, 2006

FREAK OUT!!

Am I the only one beginning to freak out, am I crazy, or am I just pms'ing? This reunion is starting to make me feel incredibly old and vunerable. Somebody please turn back time! Just a little bit! I swore I would never want to be in my 20's again or a teenager again, but I would give anything to be with Sandy and Cathy and Renee and hang upside down on the bed waiting for the barbies to come to life or watch Uncle Herbie and Herbie win the canoe race or be at brice park or ride our damm bikes to the school for summer or bring grandpop lunch at the dock or go to the beach and watch the storm come in! or sled down the hill or go camping one more time!! I am falling apart at this very moment, I told you Charlie, {I dont know if I can call you Charles!!!!} I dont run out of tears! What are we going to do???

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Kelli, I totally agree! I've been going through boxes and albums of photos, and I keep thinking of all the wonderful memories and how they feel like they just happened yesterday. And then my children want to know why I'm spending so much time working on the "family stuff" for a bunch of strangers. They've never had the chance to spend the day at the kiddie beach with a gaggle of cousins, or run to Brice Park for a spur-of-the-moment family picnic, or have several homes that they can wonder in and out of at will. My kids have Nyssa and their Aunt Cathy & Tio 'Lando, and they know a few of "The Cousins" (we love you, Cheyenne & Amy and Ralph & Laurie!), but they don't really get what we had. Of course, most of my friends don't understand it, either. ("You have 197 names listed as family, and they're not all blood related?" "Yeah, but they ARE family!")We are so lucky to have grown up the way we did. And I'm so glad that we are having the Gathering in a few weeks. It's going to be such a blast!

Herbie said...

Well Hello Everybody. Sorry for not keeping up. My excuses are New job, Cindy in and out of the hospital until they found the blockage (2 stents), get an online business of the ground, kids, grand daughter, and buying my first house. I really do miss those times we had and feel really lucky to have them. Like going to the movie theater and seeing the "Song of the South" (my first with everyone)and singing "Zippedy do dah Zippidey day my oh my what a beautiful day" all the way home.
God, I can't wait to see you all again.

Love,
Herbie (Derbie)