Thursday, December 08, 2005

Tournament

Brazilian Jiu Jitsu No Gi Tournament
Double Elimination Brackets
Three Weight Divisions; Light Weight, Middle Weight, and Heavy Weight (i was in middle weight)
Each Match was 5 minutes long, Win by either Submission or Points

Match One: Catching Some Air Time. Win by Submission


Match Two: Moving a little too fast for the camera. Win by Submission



Match Three: Pic One; Big dude isn't he? Pic Two; The aftermath of me getting choked into unconsciousness. I probably should have tapped a second sooner. If you look closely you can see my eyes closed. Lost, due to unconsciousness


Match 4 (double elimination), Taking my frustrations out on my next opponent. Win by submission


Match 5; Rematch against my first opponent, went about the sameway match one went. Win by Submission


Match 6: (Yes thats 6 matches in one afternoon) After winning through the losers bracket I get to go against the guy who choked me out again. This match went alot better. The score was zero to zero until the last 30 seconds when the ref made a bad call, and i was too tired to argue. I was happy with second.


Second Place: Me with my trophy. The trophy is a real mini samurai sword. Its prettcy cool, and I was happy with placing 2nd in this tournament. The guy that got first is a Purple Belt (i don't even have a belt) and is a professional fighter in the MMA Circuit (Mixed Martial Arts)

3 comments:

Charles Danielle & Cassie said...

These are some cool pics Robert, thank you for sharing them with us. Congrats on placing second, I know it was a tough battle to get there. You should be proud of yourself. If you could give me a call, I have a funny story for you. Take care of youself, have fun, see you soon, be well, live long and prosper and all that jazz. Your brother Charles

sean & kelly said...

WOW Bobby! awesome pictures, congratulations! Miss you and hope to see you soon!

Gail and Herb said...

Congratulations Bob! Nice job! (except for the choking part.) LOL