Tuesday, December 26, 2006

The Joy of Christmas

Its the day after Christmas, and we're trying to get back to "normal" around here, still riding on the energy from the day before. We were charged by a 2 year old tearing through gifts for the first time in her precious life. Watching her discover the joy of many surprises was an unexplainable feeling, it made me think of my own childhood, but instead of through my eyes I got to see it from my parents perspective and watching old memories gain new meaning. Instead of rejoicing over my own good fortune this year, I couldn't help but think how incredible it must have been for Cassie, from the first gift to to the last moments of wakefulness will always be a day I will be hard pressed to forget. This simple joy made me remember the large and wonderous family Cassie comes from and we wanted to make sure and to wish for everyone to take a moment to remember the first gift you ever opened, the first gift your child opened and even the first presents you watched your parents open and try to remember with a smile these are the joys that our family characters been built on. Merry Christmas Everyone!

2 comments:

Sandi said...

Wow. What a wonderful post!

I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas. Mom, the kids and I spent Christmas eve at Cathy and Orlando's house. Cheyenne and Amy joined us after dinner. It was very nice. I have pictures posted at http://www.pbase.com/sandilee/christmas2006.

sean & kelly said...

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERY ONE!!! There is nothing more amazing than watching your little ones on Christmas morning! Everything is so new and magical! Everything is " just what I wanted!" "how did Santa know?" All week long Ford was saying things to his brothers like, "santa see's you" "santa hears you" At this beautiful age and at this beautiful time of the year you can see people, children, with thier heart and souls right on thier faces, in thier eyes. It's such a blessing, such a personal gift from GOD to us. Anyway, Kevin and Mia came home from college in VA for a couple of weeks and our house feels complete again! They were not here in time to get the traditional picture with santa though! Hope everyone has a BLESSED new year!