Thursday, November 23, 2006

A day of thanks and reflection

Sorry its been a while since we have posted, (three months) life has been really busy as we all know can happen. A quick catch up, Work has been great between my job and side jobs from my father. Copper has been in demand, and so have I. Cassies growing up so fast, she can say the alphabet, count to 15, name her body parts, and identify many animal sounds. Danielle is doing great, and doing a great job teaching Cassie. When I come home from work, something new is always happening. We bought a new used car finally and retired the red mercury sable. The dealership made a mistake and we made out pretty good. Danielle has updated pictures on her MSN Space blog. Since we have been so busy, today was welcomed and enjoyed. We slowed down just a little for a few hours to break bread with Mom and Dad, good food, good company, made a few phone calls to the siblings, and played with Cassie as the food was prepared. Herb and his family stopped in for some delicious dessert and coffee before we had to retire for the evening. Today I thought about everything I have to be thankful for and I came to the conclusion I am thankful for everthing in my Life these days. Even the downs I have experienced this past year made possible the better moments and opportunities that have come. I feel I am truly blessed to have days like today. We love you all, and have a safe Thanksgiving weekend.

3 comments:

Gail and Herb said...

We had a real nice day.We missed both Bob and Melissa, but they did call and wish us all a Happy Thanksgiving. We shared our day with Charlie and his Family then Herbie and his Family joined us for coffee and desert. We cooked and everything was real good. We did not have our traditional Moms/Grannys rolls and I really missed them. I also missed Melissa's French bread, I quess I,m going to have to give it a try. Danielle did make Melissa,s stuffed zucchini, they were really good and she made a great Pumpkin Cheese Cake, next time it has to be bigger, I really wanted seconds. We're thankful for having such a loving family!

Gail and Herb said...

Woops! I forgot to say we are having dinner Sat. with Chris and Lori. I tried to add that but as everyone knows I can,t always do what I want on the computer.

Sandi said...

Charlie, I'm so glad to have the update. The kids and I would love to see the pictures of Cassie on Danielle's site -- could you give us a link, please?

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Cathy did a great job with dinner. And it was wonderful getting together with Gramma (Marion) and Cheyenne and Amy. As soon as I'm feeling better (I hate flu season!) I'll post the pictures.